- We advise and assist our clients in obtaining copyright registration of their work, including publications, books, softwares, web-designs, music, paintings, databases, and other literary, dramatic, artistic and musical works of Indian as well as foreign origin.
- We assist and represent our clients in contentious matters before the Copyright Board including objections to the registration of copyright or grant of compulsory licenses etc.
- Our enforcement strategies with respect to copyrights include identifying the infringing works, piracy, counterfeiting, phishing, spamming, hacking, infringing content over the internet, and taking suitable action including sending legal notices (cease and desist cum demand letters), sending notices to cyber-squatters and Internet Service Providers (ISPs).
- We also assist our clients in registering copyrights with customs, conducting raids, taking suitable actions at various forums such as before the Copyright Board, Copyright Societies, Cyber Appellate Tribunal, Central Board of Excise and Customs, Controller of Certifying Authorities, etc.
- We strategize court litigation actions for our clients in matters concerning copyright infringement, piracy and cyber-crimes, and assist them in seeking interim orders (including ex-parte ad-interim injunctions, search and seizure orders, Anton Piller orders, Mareva injunctions, John Doe orders etc.) along with other civil and criminal remedies.
- We cater to a range of clients in sports, media, entertainment, broadcasting and internet for advising, drafting, reviewing, revising bi-partite and multi-partite agreements involving hierarchies of rights structuring and re-structuring.
- We advise clients on valuation of copyright for licensing, assignment and transmission, payment of stamp duty, fair use, non-commercial use, author’s and performer’s rights, registration of works Copyright Societies, moral rights, import and export etc.