- We conduct availability and common law searches for marks in the TM Office database, GI Official Journals, Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) database, online investigations, market surveys, local directories, International Non-proprietary Names (INNs) and INN stems, etc. and provide comprehensive clearance reports to our clients.
- We assist clients in filing through registration of trademarks (including service marks, certification marks, series marks, sound marks, smell marks etc.) and prosecution thereof including preparing responses to office actions, attending hearings, recordals, assignments etc.
- We advise and assist clients in strategizing and initiating enforcement actions including issuing legal notices (cease and desist cum demand letters), conducting on-site investigations, registering marks with custom authorities to prevent import of infringing products, conducting negotiations, etc.
- We represent clients in several contentious and non-contentious proceedings such as oppositions, cancellations and rectification actions before Registrar (TM & GI) as well as before Intellectual Property Appellate Board (IPAB).
- We have extensive experience and successful track record in in litigation matters involving infringement, passing off, unfair competition, declaration, damages, injunction, civil and criminal remedies against counterfeit goods, etc.
- Drafting, reviewing, revising, advising and counseling with respect to trademarks aspects of IP license and assignment agreements, franchising agreements, co-branding agreements, distributorship agreements, joint-venture agreements, valuation of trademarks and other such rights structuring activities is a part of our practice.
- We advise clients on valuation of trademarks for licensing, assignment and transmission, payment of stamp duty, preparing affidavits of use/commencement of use, company name registration etc.